Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Birth of a Blog

So for months now I've been fiddling with this dream of a blog--uniting my friends across the world into some utopic (like Faulkner, I may have just conjugated my own word) global community and posting pretty pretty pictures of myself for all to see. And yet, always always putting it off, waiting for that special occasion. (Ask me how long I've had a bottle of FREE champagne in my fridge and you'll understand my yen for that mythic special occasion.) But the wait is finally over. You may ask, pray tell, why today of days?

Well, it all started with a smudgy laser printer, a couple of copies, the ineptitude of man and machine, and a question. How are we doing at FedEx/Kinkos? Well FEK (Irish for fuck--tres appropos), you suck the big donkey. And now the internet knows. So there. Actually, I had rehearsed a longer rant on the drive home but behold the restorative powers of a mocha mint frappucino. The inarticulate rage may have well been a symptom of low blood sugar. Yogurt for lunch just ain't right.

I realize this is hardly an auspicious beginning. It's still a beginning--where's that bubbly?

No comments: