Friday, September 30, 2011

Jet-lag May Interfere With Your Castle Love


As it’s practically 100 degrees in London (comparatively, you know with LA and hot places) this weekend, we’re all dreaming of ice cream and castles. Castles, because my sister is visiting and we’re driving out to Leeds Castle to see a CASTLE.

Here’s how the dialogue went last night when we broke the exciting news to my sister, bearing in mind that she may have been jetlagged:

Me: So, do you have any plans?
Shari: Well, it depends. I mean, did you guys want to hang out with me?
P: Of course.
Shari: That’s great! What did you have in mind?
Farnaz: We hired a car and are going to see a CASTLE.
Shari: A CASTLE?
Farnaz: A CASTLE.
Shari: Um, as in a castle?
Farnaz: Yes, a CASTLE.
Shari: What castle?
Farnaz: Leeds Castle.
Shari:  Is it in Leeds?
P: No.
Farnaz: It’s in Kent.
Shari: I mean, it’s just a castle?
Farnaz: It’s a CASTLE. Not just a castle. P, I think she doesn’t get castles.
P: Well, we’ll have to show her. 


No comments: