Tuesday, August 10, 2010

the ONLY way to get me to Baltimore



There is something about this photo (posted by one of my former RAs, Alex P., an actual denizen of Maryland) that both repels and tempts. It's definitely the sort of photo that vegans wouldn't like and trust me, when you know a vegan, suddenly, a lot of photos seem in ridiculously poor taste. Especially anything involving a mallet and pliers.

In any case, this is what you get when you take yourself to Obrycki's Crab joint in Baltimore.

Not sure if crabs are just spilled onto your table haphazard, but it seems in keeping with the cartoonish brutality of filching all the flesh from crab shells.

After sitting through two seasons of The Wire, I vowed that NOTHING would induce me to pass through Baltimore. But, I have to say that that gluttonous glory of Obrycki's might make me reconsider. Besides, how bad can Baltimore be? I'll just stay away from the waterside and the East side or the West side. Hmmmm.

Luckily, the crabs shown here live smack dab in the center of Baltimore. Could be neutral ground.

No comments: